Who we are: www.greencastlecentre.ie with an address at Drumaweir, Greencastle, Co Donegal
What personal data do we collect?
- When you browse our website we collect information such as name, telephone number, email address in order for us to fulfil your request for more information on our services. This is done via the Contact Page.
- Email addresses for newsletter sign ups
- In some cases our website will alert us to the IP address of certain visitors to our website if used to attack or mistreat the website in anyway and is used as a security setting on the website.
How do we collect personal data:
1. When you submit an email to us on our contact page.
2. If you submit a comment on our Blog posts.
3. If you register for any event listed on our website which generates an email to add you to the course participants. This registration information will be shared with the course facilitator/ organizer in order to prepare the course.
4. We collect email address for our newsletter at various points on our website. By signing up to our newsletter we will email you out information on events and news happening in the Community Centre. You must submit your email to us to sign up for this.
While you visit our site, we’ll also track:
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes such as site security and does not identify you personally
- Pages you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you posts you’ve recently viewed
How do we process your data:
Personal data collected is used in the processing of new enquiries and registration for events or courses. Email addresses may also be used to send you marketing communications (if you have opted in to receive them). You can opt out of these at any time by clicking unsubscribe in our emails.
Browsing behaviour data is collected and analysed to see how well our website is performing on a variety of electronic devices and internet browsers.
We may use this data for re-marketing in conjunction with Google, facebook and Instagram which allows us to display adverts to you on third party websites after you have visited our website. To opt out of this please visit each sites ad settings.
Who will process this data?
Only Staff at the Greencastle Community Centre or course facilitators will use this information collected to reply to queries or send out newsletters.
How long we retain this data
For unregistered users we keep your contact information on file until we have completed your request plus 30 days in case of any issues that may arise. We do not offer a registered user option.
For new courses and events we hold your registration details until the end of the course and all information is stored securely in a locked cabinet within our office.
How we protect your Data
We use SSL encrypted certificate. SSL is secure certificate that offers three layers of protection: encryption, which means that all data sent between a browser (client) and a website (server) are encrypted so that even if data are stolen or intercepted a hacker won’t be able to decrypt them.
We also ensure all our staff are trained in Data protection laws to further protect your data.
Access to Data
You have the right to request a copy of the information we retain about you or to have data erased in certain circumstances. Please visit our Contact page to request this.